About this Course:
A student’s journey through nursing school is often filled with extensive hours of classroom preparation, studying, writing care plans, and preparing for clinical experiences.
This course is designed to assist the new nursing school student tackle the multiple obstacles facing them. Many of these include inappropriate time management skills, failure to organize and lack of critical thinking skills. Today’s nursing school students typically experience a multitude of stressors which can further hinder their success. Nursing school success is accomplished by finding, and maintaining, a delicate balance of all of these stressors.
When a student purchases this course, there will be a PDF link for them to download the handout.
- Identify pitfalls to successful time and stress management.
- Identify the various types of learning strategies by completing a learning inventory.
- Identify current study preparation habits and isolate barriers to successful studying.
- Define critical thinking and adapt it to the nursing process.
- Develop an understanding of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
- Understand the basic components of test question construction.
- Identify the key strategies of successful test taking.
- Develop a positive self-esteem to improve nursing school success.
Lynn M. Franck, MS, RN
Ms. Franck has been a nurse for more than 15 years. She has worked in a variety of clinical settings including medical – surgical, telemetry, obstetrics, transitional care, and case management. As an Assistant Professor of Nursing, she has been an educator for nursing students for the past 8 years with vast experience lecturing the respiratory, neurological, sensory, renal, critical care, priority setting, and delegation content areas. She has been presenting sessions with Educational Concepts, LLC for several years. High marks are given to her dynamic and comprehensive teaching style from students and seminar participants.
She holds a Master’s Degree from Wright State University and actively maintains ACLS and BLS certifications.
She has authored multiple chapters in Foundations of Nursing 3rd ed., Medical-Surgical Nursing: An Integrated Approach 3rd ed., and Adult Health Nursing 3rd ed. by White, Duncan, & Baumle.
She is an active member of the Sigma Theta Tau – National Nursing Honor Society, the Ohio League for Nursing, and the National League for Nursing.