About the online course:
Assessment is one of the most vital parts of patient care in all settings. It is practiced with almost every patient interaction and when interventions are performed. Astute assessment skills can impact patient outcomes through recognition of abnormalities and prompt reporting to practitioners.We award 6.75 CE credits for this online course.
This seminar is designed for all medical professionals wanting to improve their assessment skills. The anatomy and physiology of all systems is reviewed to provide insight into the physiological basis for normal and abnormal assessment findings.
The assessment parameters for various pathological disease states are reviewed to provide the healthcare professional with the knowledge to not only detect abnormalities but to also critically think and analyze the basis for signs and symptoms. Laboratory abnormalities and pharmacologic interventions are incorporated with the pathologic states. Case studies are used to enhance the assimilation of knowledge.
A review of the following is incorporated into this interactive seminar:
- Pain assessment
- Nutritional considerations
- Integumentary and lymphatic systems
- Musculoskeletal system
- Cardiovascular system
- Pulmonary system
- Abdominal assessment
- Gastrointestinal system
- Genitourinary system
- Neurological system
- State the principles of general assessment techniques, pain assessment, and nutritional considerations in health and disease states.
- Relate the assessment and monitoring parameters when dealing with disorders of the integumentary, lymphatic, and musculoskeletal systems.
- Verbalize the ability to complete a thorough cardiovascular assessment and correlate assessment parameters with various disorders.
- State the ability to distinguish between various pulmonary disorders based on assessment findings and clinical manifestations.
- Describe the assessment findings and clinical manifestations which correlate with common abdominal and genitourinary tract disorders.
- Verbalize the ability to conduct a complete neurological assessment and correlate abnormal findings with specific disease states.
Once purchased, you get unlimited access to all the training videos in the course for 3 months.